Develop your sense of storytelling over six weeks with state-certified English teacher Emma Sheffer by looking into short stories and familiar media. This class will meet Mondays at 3:30pm Eastern to work through the mechanics of plot development, as well as to guide students through their own compositions. This class will require students to be comfortable with open-ended responses and will require work outside of class.
Course topics include:
- Plot Structure: Walk Through Your Day
- "One Friday Morning:" Analysis
- Brainstorm: What’s Your Story? Who Are Your Characters?
- Plot Structure of Original Composition; Begin Writing Process
- Continue Writing Process: Peer Feedback and Revision
- Finalize Original Composition and Share
Course refunds will be given in full up to one week before the course begins. Refunds will be given at 50% during the week leading up to a course start date. After a course begins, no refunds will be given. By purchasing this course, you agree to our refund policy.